Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Moist and sweet pumpkin cupcakes with an easy cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are perfect for pumpkin lovers!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 12 cupcakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250 grams) pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8-ounce) package brick- style cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (240 grams) confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To make the cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full, you should get 12 cupcakes, and smooth out the tops of each one.
Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
To make the cream cheese frosting:
Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired.
Prepared cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
I've also tested this recipe using 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice + 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in place of all of the spices listed in the recipe. Both options taste great!