Brownie In A Mug
This brownie in a mug is made without eggs, but is still ultra gooey and fudgy. Perfect for when a brownie craving strikes!
Servings 1 brownie
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter , melted and slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons (38 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water , room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (32 grams) all-purpose flour , spooned & leveled
- 2 tablespoons (10 grams) natural unsweetened cocoa powder , sifted
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Grease a mug with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Whisk in the water and pure vanilla extract.
Add the flour, sifted cocoa powder, and salt and whisk until fully combined and no lumps remain. Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared mug and smooth out the top. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top if desired.
Microwave for 60 to 75 seconds or until the top is just set (I microwave mine for right at 60 seconds).
Carefully remove from the microwave and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Top with ice cream or your favorite toppings right before serving.
Storage Instructions: This recipe is best served soon after it's cooked, but can be covered tightly and stored at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave if desired.
Freezing Instructions: Remove the brownie from the mug, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw to room temperature and reheat in the microwave for a few seconds.
Brown Sugar: This adds a little more moisture to the brownie to help make it fudgy. If you don't have any on hand, you can replace it with granulated sugar.
Chocolate Chips: Feel free to replace the chocolate chips with another mix-in like peanut butter chips or chopped nuts.