These breakfast burritos are easy to make, delicious, and can be customized to fit anyone’s taste. These can also be made ahead of time for a quick and healthy breakfast on the go!
So, my kitchen is in complete disarray. But this time it’s not because of me and my cooking/baking. We’re in the midst of a kitchen remodel, so I currently have no cabinet doors or drawers and all of my kitchen utensils are piled in a big plastic container on my kitchen table. But I’m totally okay with it and quite frankly, pretty happy!
I know you guys probably all think I’m insane and I’ve lost my mind, but hear me out. Josh and I have remodeled our ENTIRE house almost literally by ourselves, with the exception of our new carpet. I wasn’t about to attempt stretching carpet. We’ve replaced every inch of flooring in our home, ripped out and remodeled two bathrooms, painted EVERY room in our house, plus a million other things. Did I mention the employees at Lowes and Home Depot know us? I feel like we should have our own reality tv show about remodeling at this point.
There have been times during the past two years I’ve wanted to rip my hair out or cry from the remodeling (drama queen much?). But throughout the whole process I have learned a lot. I can mud/tape drywall, lay wood floor, tile, paint like a pro, the list goes on and on. However, for this kitchen remodel I’ve enlisted my brother’s help since he’s a contractor and I’m over remodeling. I’m questioning why I didn’t have him help us sooner.
Ok I’m done now, but you get my point. This has been a long time coming and it’s been my dream for the past two years to finally have a kitchen that feels like my own. So where am I getting at with all of this? Well, pretty soon my kitchen is going to be out of commission for a few days. Every food blogger’s nightmare! I’m in need of some meals to make ahead of time, enter breakfast burritos!
By the way, my husband taught me the best way to fold a burrito. I did a step by step tutorial because it’s obviously difficult. Only kidding. Interested to learn how? Simply fold in the ends, fold the back side over, tuck it under to make sure all of the filling is inside. push the edges in more, and voila! A perfectly rolled burrito!
I love these burritos because they can be whipped up ahead of time and then refrigerated or frozen. Just pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute and boom! Breakfast is done, ready to take on the go, oh and did I mention it’s pretty healthy too? Yes, please!
Another great thing about these burritos is that they are easily customizable. If you’re feeling healthy toss some veggies in with the eggs while they’re cooking. Use bacon instead of sausage or sub the cheddar cheese for another cheese you love. These burritos can be customized to fit anyone’s taste! This recipe makes 8 burritos, but you can feel free to increase/decrease the amount. Once you make them just wrap them in some foil and enjoy a quick and easy breakfast throughout the week!
- 8 fajita sized tortillas
- 3 large eggs + 4 large egg whites (about ½ cup of egg whites)
- 1 cup turkey sausage, cooked (about half of a 16oz. package of turkey sausage)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites - add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Scramble the eggs in the pan until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are finished cooking, set aside to cool.
- In the same pan, cook the turkey sausage until fully cooked (about 5-7 minutes), drain any excess fat and set aside to cool.
- Once the eggs and sausage have cooled, evenly distribute them as well as the cheddar cheese between all of the tortillas.
- Roll the tortillas and wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.